Binance Chain Documentation
Welcome to the Binance Chain documentation site!
Please note that both the Binance Chain software and this documentation site will improve over time and is still a work-in-progress. Be sure to engage with our community channels to stay updated.
Have fun trading and see you on chain!
What are Binance Chain and Binance DEX?
Binance Chain is a blockchain software system developed by Binance and its community. Binance DEX refers to the decentralized exchange features developed on top of Binance Chain.
What can I do with Binance Chain?
The purpose of the new blockchain and DEX is to create an alternative marketplace for issuing and exchanging digital assets in a decentralized manner.
- Send and receive BNB
- Issue new tokens to digitalize assets, and use Binance Chain as underlying exchange/transfer network for the assets
- Send, receive, burn/mint and freeze/unfreeze tokens
- Propose to create trading pairs between two different tokens
- Send orders to buy or sell assets through trading pairs created on the chain
- Watch the DEX market to confirm price and market activity of certain assets
You can also:
- Explore the transaction history and blocks on the chain, via Binance Chain Explorer, API and node RPC interfaces.
- Run a full node to listen to and broadcast live updates on transactions, blocks, and consensus activities
- Extract other data of Binance Chain via full node or APIs
- Apply to run a validator node
- Develop tools and application to help users use Binance Chain and Binance DEX
In the future you may also be able to stake your BNB to join Chain Governance, if you so wish.
Want to try it out? Just give a peek at the first few of pages of the getting started guide.
You could also have a read through the FAQ.
Binance Chain essentially is a digital asset creation and exchange platform. The features listed below are currently supported on Binance Chain:
- The Listing and Delisting of Tokens
- The Issuance, Burning, Minting and Freezing of Tokens
- Transfer of Tokens
BNB (and Other Coins) MainNet Switch
Binance Coin (BNB) is an ERC20 token on the Ethereum network. After Binance Chain is ready to go with its main network, BNB will be converted from ERC20 tokens into native BNB tokens running on Binance Chain via the exchange platform at Binance.com, a pragmatic and efficient way to perform the initial token swap.
Binance Chain is ready for other projects to migrate their tokens to take advantage of performant transactions with more liquidity options and native marketplace features. More information about how projects can set themselves up for this (via Binance.com or partners) will come soon.
Trading on Binance DEX
Binance DEX is the native marketplace on Binance Chain allowing you to exchange digital assets issued and listed on it. The matching happens within the blockchain nodes and all of the transactions are recorded on-chain, therefore forming a complete, auditable ledger of activity.
ATTENTION: The match logic on DEX is quite different from normal centralized exchange. Please go over the trading and match spec below to get the best interests for your orders.
Read on below if you are more interested in what is happening under the hood!
Binance Chain as a Block Chain: about consensus, software stack, network layout and roles.
Connect to Binance Chain: how to connect to Binance Chain and DEX via different ways.
Run a Binance Chain full node: how to run a full node and become part of the p2p network of Binance Chain
Binance Chain Governance: about proposal, vote, and join as a validator.
Disaster Recovery and Emergency: what are the disaster and emergency cases
Thanks to the community, our partners and supporters.